Chicago Tenants Movement is a network of tenants and tenant organizers providing support to other tenants through acts of solidarity. This can be anything from organizing a pressure campaign against a landlord to replacing locks on doors to allow tenants access to their units. In the last year or so, we’ve been able to operate by being frugal and having our organizers just cover expenses. That sort of model won’t cut it if we truly plan to be here for the long haul. Please donate to our work through our Venmo (@chicago-tenants-mvmt). Your donation will not be tax deductible.
Your donation will help us pay for things such as:
- Space heaters/water bottles for tenants with utility shut offs
- Tools & supplies to help tenants with repairs
- New locks for tenants in lockout situations
- Flyer printing
- Website, MailChimp, Canva
- Research tools to help tenants in struggle